Cengage Learning - Farmington Hills, Michigan 01/2005-06/2013
Senior Software Developer (2011)
- Designed and developed the Z39.50 server for search system.
- Developed C++ unit testing package to support test-driven development for C++.
- Developed Agile build system for C++ to discover code relationships and run tests.
- Created the Tree Script Language for DOM editing.
- Developed a workflow poller/controller.
- Supported quick time-to-market efforts for Community Health and History eReader.
- Java development and data formatting for Grzimek’s Animal Encyclopedia project.
Manager eReference Content Services (2007-2009)
- Designed and led the development of the eReference Content Services platform.
- Developed the Tree Script Language for XML data management.
- Implemented distributed services system, messaging protocols, web server, logging server, and rule-based expert system.
- Developed web toolkit to create a web-based system control panel for the backend.
- Managed the development of Callisto replacement system for British Library product.
- Supported projects: Content Asset Management System, Nuxeo/JSR back end, Cengage Learning eBook product line.
Senior System Analyst (2005-2006)
- Part of Content Service Tier development team for the (GOLD) Gale Online Delivery (CMS) platform.
- Developed the Matrix XML search engine.
- Implemented search and document backend services for GOLD runtime.
- Created data manufacturing workflow systems.